Update 24. March: Moved to wordpress
Moved this page to wordpress, see here:
Update 27. Nov: added a few more screenshots
Jon Sine Recording Desk
The Jon Sine recording desk is a custom made homerecording studio desk. If you have never heard of it before, check out this video.
The desk is pretty neat if...
- you do most of your stuff in the computer
- you do not have rack gear
- you value good ergonomics (table not too high, still enough leg space)
- have a rather large or heavy controller keyboard
- little budget, it should cost you less than 300 EUR
- can be tweaked to your needs, be creative
SketchUp Model and Screenshots
To get the dimensions right I recreated the desk in SketchUp, a 3D modelling tool available for free. Jon was so kind to do measurements on the actual desk so the ones in the model should be pretty accurate. Thanks!
- Wood is "Multiplex 18mm, Birke" (German)
- Stand is from Ikea 'Thyge' (or discontinued 'Galant')
Warning, before you start building it ...
- please ensure your keyboard fits under the desk
- I did not manage to build it yet, use the dimensions at your own risk
- consider the weight of your monitor or gear, 18mm might not be stable enough
If you iterate on the idea and have awesome ideas for improvements, please share them with us. :)